South Bersted Church of England Primary School is over 200 years old. When the school first opened in 1893, it was adjoined to the church, St Mary Magdalene. The building in which children were first educated is known as the Old School and is only a short walk from the where the school is now situated.
South Bersted C of E Primary School is a voluntary controlled school and one of many church schools in the diocese. In total there are 157 Church of England schools and academies – 60 have voluntary aided status and 97 voluntary controlled status. The school is a one form entry, with 7 classes and the capacity for 210 pupils.
Please view the tabs on the right-hand side to learn more about our school.